Gyalshing, (IPR): The inception workshop on "Green Recovery Pathway for India Under Rapid Financing Facility of UNDP (India)" was held at the Conference Hall of District Administrative Centre, Rabdentse .
The workshop was chaired by the District Collector West, Shri Karma R. Bonpo and had the presence and participation of ADC (Development), Gyalshing, Shri Surat Kumar Gurung, Sub-Divisional Magistrate (Yuksom), Shri Tshering T. Bhutia, CMO West, Dr. Anusha Lama, Policy Specialist (UNDP), Shri Jaimon Uthup, State Project Officer/Secure Himalaya, Mr. Rajarshi Chakraborty, Project Co-ordinator (UNDP), Miss Supriya Khound, Project Associates (UNDP), Miss Ruchika Tripathi & Miss Paridhi Jain and representatives from various line departments.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in collaboration with Government of Sikkim launched the “Green Recovery Pathway for India: Transitioning towards a Green and Resilient COVID-19 Recovery” in West Sikkim.
This cross-sectoral project aimed at promoting green recovery strategies to mitigate the social and economic impacts of COVID-19 by building inclusive pathways and increase resilience for women, youth and marginalised communities.
Addressing the house, the District Collector stated that from the past year and a half, lot of people are losing their livelihoods due to pandemic. The said project has a unique concept and is a good initiative to revive livelihoods, he added. He suggested for a pilot project in areas under Yuksom sub-division to strengthen the administration and frontline staff. He also suggested to make a policy and SOPs to safeguard the environment.
The DC directed all the line departments to work in coordination with UNDP’s existing activities. On promoting One Health initiative in West Sikkim, he suggested for solarisation of health facilities in Yuksom Primary Health Centre. He also directed for possible collaboration on promoting sustainable tourism and eco-entrepreneurship in the district. He stressed on animal health and urged Animal Husbandry and Forest Department to start conducting training for smooth implementation of the project. Further, he assured to give necessary assistance and guidance from the District Administration.
UNDP representatives presented a PowerPoint presentation on the following topics which were discussed in detail:
1. Green Recovery Pathway for India: transitioning towards a green and resilient COVID-19 recovery.
2. Enhancing access to public works, creating eco-entrepreneurs and access to green agricultural practices.
4. Facilitating Energy Access for Sustainability.
5. One Health- A Globally Accepted Concept.
6. Mainstreaming the One Health approach across relevant sectors and policies.
7. Relevance of the Project in National and Global context.
8. Indicative List of Stakeholders.
9. Khangchendzonga-Upper Teesta landscape.
10. Activities planned under Outcome 1 in West District.
11. Activities planned under Outcome 2 in West District.
12. Activities planned under Outcome 3 in West District.
13. Activities under Outcome 4 in West District.
During the meeting, an interactive discussion on possible livelihood activities which can be undertaken under RFF on Green Recovery was also conducted wherein inputs and suggestions were discussed in details.