"TB Haarega Desh Jitega"
District Health Society (NTEP/National Tuberculosis Elimination Programme), District Hospital, Gyalshing organised a program on District Tuberculosis Forum on the theme "TB Haarega Desh Jitega" today at the Conference Hall of West District Zilla Panchayat Bhawan, Kyongsha, Gyalshing.
Addressing the house, ADC (West) focused on collaborative approach to control the threat of disease and directed to involve all the concerned departments to generate massive awareness. He suggested to involve TB champion as a volunteer to create awareness, adding that TB champion should be able to generate effective awareness among others regarding the programme. He said that community participation is an essential component to achieve the target. Further, he suggested that the data should be updated regularly and shared with the concerned stakeholders at the ground level. He further stressed on four factors related to fight against Tuberculosis namely prevention, screening, treatment and stigma.
District TB Officer (West), presented the PowerPoint presentation on the following topics in details:
- TB Elimination Target 2025.
- Case finding of 2020, total case notification rate (162/L).
- DS-TB case finding of 2020, total case notification rate (138/L).
- New case outcome 2020, COHORT of 2019.
- Outcome in retreatment case 2020.
- Smear positivity rate 2020.
- Success rate (All TB case) 2020.
- Percentage of DS-TB patients ethnicity in NTEP West District as per 2020.
- DR-TB detection status 2019 and 2020.
- Percentage of DR-TB patients ethnicity in NTEP West District as per 2020.
- Total case notified and outcome of DR-TB in 2019.
- Financial report for the year 2020-21.
During the presentation, he updated the gathering regarding present scenario of tuberculosis and target of tuberculosis elimination. He informed about the TRUENAT machines access at various PHCs in West District. He also highlighted the various kinds of services being provided by the Government to the masses under the National Tuberculosis Elimination. He further spoke about the best performing award won by the State recently on World TB Day in Delhi.
The program also saw the group discussion wherein feedback and valuable suggestions were discussed at length. One of the TB champion, Mr. Bimal Subba shared his coping experiences to the house as well.
The program was attended by ADC (West), Mr. Agawane Rohan Ramesh, CMO (West), Dr. Anusha Lama, District TB Officer (West), Dr. Bikash Pradhan, CDPO, Mr. H.B. Sangkher, SDMs, BDOs, Officials from NGOs and public at large.
Later, the vote of thanks was proposed by Mrs. Bindhya Subedi/H.E.O. (Health Department).