Home Departments releases order, acting out CM's order to form committee to monitor returnees
COVID-19 Sikkim Health news Home department Covid News Sikkim Chronicle
Gangtok, April 23:
On April 23, the Home Department of the Government of Sikkim through an office order announced the constitution of a COVID-19 management group to monitor the mandatory quarantine of returnees and all such related issues.
The committee will consist of the following members-
- Secretary, Agriculture Department & Planning Department.
- Secretary, Sports & Youth Affairs Department.
- General Manager, Transport Department.
- District Collectors (East/ South/ West/ North) as ex-officio members.
- Under Secretary (Coordination).
Furthermore, it has been stated that the committee will carry out the following tasks:
- To evolve a mechanism to seamlessly collect the data of all the people returning back to the state.
- To formulate a mechanism for monitoring the mandatory 10-day home quarantine of all returnees.
- To work out the modalities in such a manner that unnecessary crowding and traffic jams are avoided at the check posts.
Earlier during a high-level meeting conducted by the Chief Minister P.S. Tamang on April 22, it had been ordered by Tamang for the State Task Force to immediately set up an office and stark work so that the Task Force can start monitoring the movement of people from outside the state in all the border with coordination from the District Administration while laying an emphasis on the movement of the labor force coming from outside the state, which was followed by this order from the Home Department a day later.