Education Department announces closing of schools and educational institutions till May 31 with added protocols
Education Department, the closing of schools and educational institution, till May 31, COVID-19 news, Sikkim News
Gangtok, April 24:
On April 24, the Education Department, Government of Sikkim through circular announced the continuation for all government and private aided educational institutions, universities, colleges, tutorials, coaching institutes, and hostels to remain closed on till May 31, 2021, due to the incessant growth of COVID-19 cases in the state.
The circular further states instructions to be followed strictly with the approval of the competent authority. The instruction reads as follows:
- As per the shutting down of all the institutions only students are not allowed to come to school and other educational activities for regular classes and other educational activities.
- All the teaching faculty members and staff members need to report to their workplace on a 50% staff attendance basis, with all gazetted officers required to attend office regularly following all the COVID-19 guidelines.
- Government workers are barred from leaving the station without the foregoing permission of the competent authorities.
- Holding out above instruction no.1, only if such attendance is not possible through online mode or any other mode, the concerned senior students may attend institutions for specific and genuine activities like practical assessments, uploading marks, and other matters related to board examinations, only with the authorization of the parents/guardians maintaining all the COVID-19 related safety protocol.
- Continuation of all the online mode education shall be done, including teaching, assignments, and assessment shall be taken up digitally. For the elementary level, where online mode is not feasible, homeschooling may be continued as per the authorization of the parents/guardians maintaining all the COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- All school-heads, teaching faculties shall download Sikkim Edutech or use www.sikkimedutech.in to get hold of the students digitally. All the students must make use of laptops and smart televisions supplied with preloaded educational content for educational activities.
- The government-aided and private schools which are registered with the education department have also been extended with all the possible support, including online learning by the respective district authorities if approached.
- When the online mode of learning is attainable, the BRCCs and CRCCs working under Samagra Shiksha must actively support online and homeschooling mode of learning and get all the educational contents from the district and also make it accessible to the teachers to aid the students as well.
- All the government workers and the students aged 18 years and above should be guided to get the vaccine against COVID-19 such a facility that has been provided by the government.
- All the institutions are thoroughly requested to take care of their institutions and workplaces and have a check on timely cleaning and routinely get sanitized.
- All the teachers must reinforce the administrative spread of awareness and the guidance of COVID-19 in their corresponding areas.