DC office releases guidelines to be followed for NEET 2020
The District Collector’s Office, Government of Sikkim on September 8, issued an order which dictates instructions to be followed during the NEET (UG)- 2020 in the state
Gangtok, September 8: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) (or NEET (UG)), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), is an entrance examination in India for students who wish to study undergraduate medical courses (MBBS) and dental courses (BDS) in government or private medical and dental colleges in India. The NEET (UG-2020) is supposed to be conducted nationwide on September 13.
The District Collector’s Office, Government of Sikkim on September 8, issued an order which dictates instructions to be followed during the NEET (UG)- 2020 in the state. The order is released Under Section 34 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005. The NEET (UG)- 2020 exams will be conducted in two centres of the State- Modern Senior secondary school, Tathangchen and Government Girls Senior Secondary School, Deorali.
The order dictates the following:
1. The City Coordinator who has been appointed by the National Testing Agency (NTA) will make all the necessary arrangements at the examination centres and will strictly follow the Advisories to the exam Functionaries issued by the NTA.
2. The seating arrangement for candidates will have to be done in such a manner that candidates appearing from outside the state will be accommodated in a separate/ designated hall/ classroom to avoid mixing with the candidates of Sikkim.
3. The Superintendent of Police/ East will deploy sufficient police personnel in all the examination centres and at Rangpo Check post to assist the City Coordinator in order to facilitate the movements of those appearing for the said examination.
4. The Centre Superintendent will have to make necessary arrangements of food/ water and other refreshments at the examination centres for candidates appearing from outside the state and will ensure that such candidates do not leave the examination centres till completion of the examination.
5. The City Coordinator shall depute a Nodal Officer at Rangpo Check post to facilitate the entry and exit of all candidates appearing for the examination from outside the state who have registered to appear for the examination from Gangtok. The Nodal Officer will verify the identity and Admit Cards of all such candidates before allowing entry through Rangpo Check post.
6. The Joint General Manager/ SNT shall make the necessary arrangements of buses on payment basis at Rangpo Check post for the transportation of all such candidates appearing for the examination from outside the state who have registered to appear for the examination from Gangtok. The buses shall be stationed at 08:00 A.M. at Rangpo Check post to ferry such candidates to the examination centres and back to Rangpo Check post after completion of the exam. No candidates shall be allowed to enter the Rangpo Check post after 09:00 A.M.
7. All such candidates appearing for the examination from outside the state who have registered to appear for the examination from Gangtok shall compulsorily be ferried in the designated buses of SNT from Rangpo Check post to the examination centres and back to Rangpo Check post after completion of the exam. No private vehicles of such candidates shall be allowed to enter through the Rangpo Check post.
8. The General Manager NHIDCL shall deploy necessary machinery along the NH-10 to clear the road in the event of any blockages and ensure that the said route is open for vehicular movement to facilitate the transportation of candidates appearing from outside Sikkim to the respective examination centres.
The order also states that if any person fails to comply with the above directions he/ she shall be liable to prosecution against the relevant provisions of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and u/s 188 of the IPC, 1860 and any other legal provisions as applicable.